I. A DEFINITION OF TERMS
Deliver / Deliverance: to free, draw out, to save, cause to escape, snatch or take away, redeem, give safety or salvation, to take up out of, to rescue
II. THE WILL OF GOD THE FATHER IN THE WORDS OF JESUS CHRIST
Luk 4:18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel (good news) to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted (shattered thoughts / feelings), to preach deliverance to the captives (prisoners of war), and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised (crushed).”
II. JESUS CHRIST ALREADY DELIVERED THE BELIEVER IN CHRIST FROM:
1. The power of darkness (Satan and his devil spirits)
Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son [Jesus Christ]:
2. The wrath to come
1Th 1:10 And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come.
3. The power of sin or the carnal nature
Rom 7:24-25 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.
Psa 107:20 He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
5. This present evil world system
Gal 1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
III. GOD CONTINUES TO DELIVER THOSE WHO TRUST IN HIM
1. Psa 34:7 The angel of the LORD encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
For an understanding of the meaning of “fear of the Lord” click link below:
2. Psa 34:17 The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
3. Psa 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.
4. Psa 97:10 Ye that love the LORD, hate evil: he preserveth the souls of his saints; he delivereth them out of the hand of the wicked.
5.Psa 91:14 Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
6. 1Jn 5:4-5 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
1Pe 1:5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
Heb 11:33 Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,
IV. SOME COMMON BIBLICAL TESTIMONIES OF DELIVERANCE INCLUDE:
From enemies or will of enemies, death, evil spirits, afflictions (physical, mental, emotional), persecutions, power of lions, the cruel and the wicked, illnesses, day of trouble, distresses, famine, oppression, temptations, lowest hell, deep waters, and through the fire etc.
Yes faith is essential to all of our spiritual armor, but the Lord has also provided us with a weapon The Sword of the Spirit (Word of God) that we must wield in the heavenlies or spiritual realm in which these entities: principalities, rulers of darkness, powers, and spiritual wickedness abide.
* See Spiritual Warfare Verses (Sword of the Spirit) located in right sidebar under “Pages.”
3 Responses to Deliverance & Will of God